e hënë, 11 qershor 2007

Next stop... Wat Kow Tham Meditation Center ... on an island paradise!




Couple more days of teaching at Nong Phue Primary School and I'm off to the Bay of Thailand for a ten day meditation retreat at Wat Kow Tham on the island of Koh Phangan.The islands are suppose to be beautiful! This will be my first time to this part of Thailand.

To get to the island.... I'll catch an early morning flight from Udon Thani (about 50 kilometers from Nongkhai) to Bangkok's old airport. I'll then grab a taxi to the new airport... and hopefully there will not be a lot of traffic that day.

Bangkok Airways, which has a monopoly on travel to Koh Samui, will take me to this island paradise. Once on Koh Samui, I'll find some transportation to the ferry to the smaller island of Koh Phangan. Once on Koh Phangan... I'll see what transportation is available for me to get to the meditation center.

Sound complicated? Well... just a little... but then, this is all part of the adventure!





I'm hoping to find a school or two on one of these islands where I can spend some time teaching too..... Once I've completed my retreat. Just so that you will know that it will not just be all fun in the sun while I'm enjoying paradise!

Nuk ka komente: